Sunday, May 11, 2014

New Laptop!

I'm so excited to announce that I have finally invested in a new laptop!!

Now graduating didn't suddenly give me a boat load of money... in fact, it gave me no money....only thing it gave me was a new title: broke college graduate. Therefore, investing in a new computer was by no means a rash decision. I spent several months pondering and considering all the options. But last week I finally took the plunge and got a MacBook Pro 8GB Memory 500 RAM with Retina Screen.



Why Mac? Why Retina screen? Well my last computer was also a Macbook and I LOVED it! It looked sharp, was easy to manage and was great for editing videos. The best feature was that it lasted me 7 years (in human years that's well over 100)!! I knew my money would be well spent in investing in an Apple product again. As for the Retina screen, I had no interest. However, after to going to a couple of stores and speaking with a few Apple representatives I learned that the computer I was originally interested in: Macbook Pro 4GB Memory 256 RAM was only $200 less than the one I purchased and couldn't manage all the applications I was going to do with it. Even to get 4GB more installed into the other computer would cost well over $200. Right there I was sold.


Now if you are considering investing in a new computer here are a few tips/suggestions to keep in mind:

1. Macbook's can't get viruses. This includes pop-up's. I have no idea why this is, but it's true. I've ventured on to many websites without issue that my friends went to on with their PC's and they've spent months trying to get all the viruses off their computers. I didn't have a single issue.

2. Macbook's last longer. My friends who have bought PC's can only get their's to last a max of 3 years. As I said earlier, my old Macbook lasted over 7 years and that is not unusual for MacBooks.

3. If you are going to buy an Apple product, buy it from Best Buy and invest in Geek Squad. Now I know you can invest in Apple Care if you were to purchase your Apple product directly from an Apple Store, however, Geek Squad is a full coverage service. If you were to have an issue with your Macbook and you have Apple Care, Apple has many clauses to what they can cover. Additionally, Apple has all the products to your computer that they will make you purchase (increasing your costs) in order to fix your computer. With Geek Squad EVERYTHING is covered (except theft) and no matter what happens to your computer they will just give you a brand new one without any additional costs. This saves you TONS of money, hassle, and keeps you up to date on your computers.

Do you own a Macbook Pro? What do you think of it? Any cool new feature's I should know about? Leave a comment below and let me know!

That's all I have for now. I'm so excited to see all the things my new computer can do, and I can't wait to start making vlog's again! So stay tuned to my YouTube Channel and have a wonderful day!

Don't forget: You're beautiful,

HayleyKaye :)

No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye